The boys over at Statue Thieves have made it apparently clear that their blend of rock psychedelic fusion is no joke, and that they have every intention on standing out with their eclectic sound.
Comprised up of 4 musicians Craig Ingham, Ivan Muela, Gennaro Oliviero and Michal Domin, each with a key component to the weird yet strangely familiar style Statue Thieves preserve.
The reason i say familiar as they clearly draw inspiration from the 60’s and 70’s, with bright guitar effects reminiscent to the likes of Jimi Hendrix.
If this sounds like your kind of thing, be sure to check them out:
Being able to switch music genres, midway through your career is something that some musicians crave, to have satisfaction in your work in one field, to them do a full U-turn and create something complete new is one hell of a life goal, and Ben Ridley has made it clear that his new found pop career is here to stay!
Ben Ridley’s previous music path was quite different, consisting a classical piano compositions, however, with the recent release of tracks such as ‘Sing’ and ‘Dancing Mood’. These tracks take the traditional elements of a classic pop song, but with added flare that only Ben could bring to the table.
With the added addition of more pop treats guaranteed further down the line, Ben Ridley is definitely one to keep your eye on.
Breaking barriers between Europe and the USA, Saint Mars have incorporated the voice of 13 year old Tryzdin Grubbs, a talented young singer who found fame in a internet viral video, in which he covers Adele’s ‘Hello’, making him an instant hit!
This experimental, pop-rock project is a concept album that revolves around the harsh effects of bullying, especially in a younger generation. To convey this, the band gained the youthful, yet defined voice of 13 year old Tryzdin Grubbs.
The sweet and soft voice brings the track to life, and gives it a new and experimental twist. With a brand new single out on April 28th, be sure to check them out:
Yes, its no doubt that when it comes to music, there is a universal love. Heck!, music can even make a change on such a grand scale, it does more than politics can, so as our way of showing our gratitude, we decided to make a list of different styles, genres and country’s.
- Kukahi: Hawaii – 18 Year old ‘Kukahi’ is modern singer-songwriter who’s unique and colorful personality makes him a perfect representative for the way music is challenging the mainstream of today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XtJzn3BBm4
- System Of A Down: Lebanon, Armenia and USA-Throughout the years, it has been no secret that SOAD have been open about their dislike for the US government, as well as using the events of the Armenian genocide to fuel their inspiration, and with a mix of Lebanese, Armenian and American blood in the band, this surely has a fitting place on this list. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iywaBOMvYLI
- Adam 888: Sweden-This is a fairly different side of the coin, however this fairly new hip-hop/cloud rap artist has been getting heads turning, with the release of his new track ‘Chakra 123’, influenced by artists such as Post Malone and Jaden Smith, Adam 888 is sure to be a name to watch out for. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_pz80AQv5k
- HIM: Finland-formed in 1991, by Ville Harmoni Valo, HIM have had great success with a total of 8 albums released in their 27 year career, as well as a symbol that will do down in history as perhaps the most tattooed symbol of a band ever, HIM are without a standout band that any music fan should check out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SQGJ0rfIEk
- Flight Of The Conchords: New Zealand- Yes, i know what you are thinking; Can 2 Kiwi’s be considered a band, and to that i say, they are so much more than a band, they are a legacy… plus their songs are funny as hell! Yes the fantastic duo have managed to crack the world with their novelty music persona and are still doing it to this day, this a massive UK tour lined up for the summer, you better get up to speed with the life’s of the music comedy duo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUAcN9UCnbU
After celebrating Christmas with a cover of the Slade classic ‘Merry Xmas Everybody’, Wartoad are breaking through into the new year with a revved up, anger fueled trip that will bring the punk out of you.
The new album ‘What Rough Beasts’ features tracks highlighting their collective anger and rage, especially with one person known as the current president of the USA, which is something that definitely takes guts.
However, with a band that is scattered around the globe, you would imagine this is a tricky thing to get over, especially when playing live, but this doesn’t prove to be a huge hurdle, as they communicate from their respective terfs, making the music making process quite intriguing.
As the the new album has officially been released, we strongly advise that you go check it out:
Hunter, the man responsible for the recent release ‘So Gay’, a electro-blues fusion track which talks about social issues, and tells the story of a man declaring his sexuality in a bold and confident way.
With the song gaining traction within the LGBTQ community, as well as social media groups and larger scale radios, Hunter decided to take his tune to the next level, introducing the ‘Bigger man’ remix, mixed by Krupatron.
The track itself is a completely new take on the original with mainly techno and house based instrumentation, with his vocals having the occasional skip or double hit.
This is a great tune, and with a slightly techno/pop-bloodhound gang feel and Hunters husky blues vocals, it proves that the coupling of these two elements really do work and they stand out as powerful and brilliantly entertaining.
So be sure to check him out:
URIAH HEEP keyboard man PHIL LANZON (GRAND PRIX, JOHN LAWTON, SWEET) announced the release of his brand new solo album ‘If You Think I’m Crazy’, on February 23, 2018 via Phil Lanzon Ditties/Cargo Records UK. Lanzon joined URIAH HEEP by replacing John Sinclair.
The album was produced and mixed by Simon Hanhart (ASIA, 21 GUNS, MARILLION, KILLER DWARFS, WAYSTED). Co-production by Richard Cottle (Charlie, Keats, Alan Parsons Project, John Parr, etc.). Recorded at Masterchord at Woodside Park, Kore Studio in Acton, The Bunker, The Denham Garage in Lower Denham and Outhouse Studios in Reading. Cover painting and all artwork by Michael Cheval
- Mind Over Matter
2. Kelly Gang
3. I Knew I Was Dreaming
4. I Saw Two Englands
5. Step Overture (instrumental)
6. Lover’s Highway
7. Donna & Joe
9. The Bells